- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Laura Katherine Fakes, 85, of Sikeston died Sunday, July 18, 2004, at Sikeston Convalescent Center.
She was born Aug. 29, 1918, at Puxico, Mo., daughter of Neal Daniel and Laura Lee Donahew Kornegger. She married Elmer Dean Russell, who preceded her in death. She later married Arthur Fakes Jr.
Fakes was office and payroll clerk 34 years at International Shoe Co. She was a member of First United Methodist Church and sang in the choir, and was a member of Order of Eastern Star.
Survivors include a daughter, Blenda Burton of Bellbrook, Ohio, and two granddaughters.
She was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call at Ponder Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bill Koch officiating. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery.