- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Cape Girardeau City Council action
Scott Meyer, district engineer for the Missouri Department of Transportation, discussed road projects.
(Second and third readings)
Amended city code relating to water rates.
Approved an ordinance vacating Kings-Corner Subdivision.
Established a public safety trust fund.
Approved the record plat of The Highlands at Dalhousie subdivision.
Amended the city code on regulating animals.
Executed an agreement with the Missouri Department of Transportation for a grant to fund a public transportation project.
Approved the record plat of Rock Creek Meadows Townhouses, Phase II.
Approved the record plat of The Lochs at Dalhousie.
Amended city code concerning North Fountain Street between Broadway and Bellevue Street.
Established one-way streets on a portion of North Fountain Street and on an alley in the 300 block of Broadway.
Repealed two-hour parking on a portion of North Fountain Street.
Established a no-parking zone on a portion of North Fountain Street.
Established two-hour parking on a portion of Fountain Street from Broadway to Themis Street.
Executed an agreement for the painting of the Mississippi River Tales Mural on the floodwall with the River Heritage Mural Association.
Executed an agreement with the Safe House for Women Inc. for emergency shelter grant funds from the Missouri Department of Social Services.
Executed an agreement with the Salvation Army of Cape Girardeau for emergency shelter grant funds from the Missouri Department of Social Services.
Amended the agreement with Smith and Co. Inc. for the preliminary design of the city hall-federal courthouse connector street.
Executed an escrow agreement with Dalhousie LLC and Montgomery Bank NA for The Highlands at Dalhousie Subdivision, the Lochs at Dalhousie Subdivision, the off-site water main project serving Dalhousie and the sanitary trunk sewer project serving Dalhousie.
Accepted the bid of Robinson Construction for the screw pump replacement at the wastewater treatment plant.
Appointed T. Robin Cole III to the Airport Advisory Board.
Reappointed Chuck McGinty to the Special Business District Advisory Commission.
Gave conditional approval of the following liquor licenses: Temporary 5 percent beer by the drink license for Amy Copen d/b/a Court Appointed Special Advocates for an event to be held Aug. 21 and 22 at 210 Deerfield Lane; retail liquor by the drink license for Compass Group USA, Inc. d/b/a Chartwell's, One University Plaza; 5 percent beer by the drink license for Anthony D. Marks d/b/a Old Bavarian Dining, 1000 N. Sprigg St.
Accepted into the city's system the sanitary sewer extension to serve Lexington Place Apartments in Lexington Villa Subdivision.
Approved the improvement plans for The Highlands at Dalhousie subdivision.
Approved the street, water and sewer improvement plans to serve the Kohl's Department Store development.
Approved sewer and water improvements to serve the Sears Grand store development.