- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)2
Bush mum on Cabinet proposal
WASHINGTON -- The White House reserved judgment Monday about whether to establish a Cabinet-level national intelligence chief. President Bush said he was "still taking a good, hard look" at candidates to lead the CIA.
A major reorganization of the intelligence community and creation of a Cabinet-level intelligence agency are expected to be among primary recommendations of the independent commission that investigated the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.
The commission announced it would release its final report Thursday, culmination of nearly 20 months' investigation into the nation's worst terror attack.
Bush said he would await the commission's report before commenting.