- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
VILLA RIDGE, Ill. -- Elsie Lucille Mahan, 73, of Paragould, Ark., formerly of Mound City, Ill., died Sunday, July 18, 2004, at the Methodist Hospital in Paragould.
She was born Dec. 21, 1930, at Providence, Ky., daughter of Fred and Willie Cox Stevens. She and Ernest Mahan were married. He died Dec. 19, 1974.
Mahan was a retired cook with the River Towboat Co.
Survivors include sister-in-law Lynda Stevens of Frankfort, Ind.
She was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call after 9 a.m. Wednesday at Jones Funeral Home at Villa Ridge.
Graveside service will be at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at the National Cemetery at Mound City.