- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Charlotte Estes, 76, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, July 17, 2004, at Southeast Missouri Hospital at Cape Girardeau.
She was born Sept. 27, 1927, at Cape Girardeau, daughter of James Elmo and Ruth Monroe Deevers. She and Roland "Bud" Estes were married Dec. 19, 1945, at Jackson.
Estes worked 17 years in food service at Southeast Missouri State University and worked from 1994 until present at Crosnoe Gold and Silver. She was a member of Lynwood Baptist Church and was in the HOPE Sunday school class.
Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Brenda DeLay of Overland Park, Kan., and Linda Crosnoe and husband Jay of Cape Girardeau; three grandchildren, Michelle Hahn and husband Lance of Millersville, Cory Crosnoe and wife Dr. Janna and Rex Crosnoe and wife Nikki, all of Cape Girardeau; and eight great-grandchildren, Landon and Layton Hahn, and Corson, Justice, Chase, Cooper, Gunner and Carter Crosnoe.
She was preceded in death by a great-grandchild, Brandon Hahn.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with Dr. Derek Staples officiating. Burial will be in the Cape County Memorial Park at Cape Girardeau.
Memorial contributions can be made to Lynwood Baptist Church Building Fund.