- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Blanche N. Markham, 92, of Perryville died Friday, July 16, 2004, at Perry County Memorial Hospital.
She was born Oct. 28, 1911, at Millersville, daughter of Dennis and Doshia Statler Niswonger. She and Arthur J. Markham were married Aug. 6, 1938. He died Nov. 9, 1991.
Markham retired as a stitcher from Florsheim Shoe Co. She was a member of the United Methodist Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Norma Griner of Perryville; two sisters, Esther Dailey of Murphysboro, Ill., Glenda Green of Perryville; a brother, Floyd Niswonger of Sedgewickville, Mo.; three grandsons; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister, three brothers and two grandsons.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. Sunday, and Monday from 6:30 a.m. to service time.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jerry Willer officiating. Burial will be in Home Cemetery.