- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
KRCU to air gubernatorial debates
A Southeast Missouri radio station will broadcast two debates next week between Missouri Gov. Bob Holden and challenger Claire McCaskill.
The debates will be at 7 p.m. on Monday and Tuesday. One will take place in St. Louis, the other in Kansas City. They will be broadcast live on several radio and television stations, including KRCU, the 90.9 FM Public Radio affiliate station in Cape Girardeau.
McCaskill, the current state auditor, is challenging Holden for the Democratic nomination for governor.
The two debates will take place two weeks before the Democratic primary.
Local residents will have an opportunity on the next two Wednesdays -- July 21 and 28 -- to view on local cable access Channel 5 two forums held this week for Cape Girardeau County candidates. Each forum runs an hour and a half. The first forum will air at 6:30 p.m.; the second at 8 p.m.
The League of Women Voters and Southeast Missouri State University co-sponsored the forums.