- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
James Chad Stone, 25, of Delta died Wednesday, July 14, 2004, in a single car accident along Route N north of Delta.
He was born March 11, 1979, at Farmington, Mo., son of James L. and Linda Cobb Stone.
Stone attended Alma Schrader Elementary and Central Junior High School in Cape Girardeau, and Delta High School. He was employed at Botkin Lumber Co. and was a member of West Side Church of God, both in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include his parents, James L. and Linda Stone of Delta; two sisters, Amy Stone and Beth (Darren) Cash of Delta; maternal grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. Clarence Cobb of Cape Girardeau; paternal grandmother, Bernita Stone of Sikeston, Mo.; an uncle, William Cobb of Carbondale, Ill.; four nieces, Heather and Haley Owen, and Melody and Harmony Cash.
He was preceded in death by a sister, Angela Stone, and grandfather, James Stone.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jack Faries officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.