- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Special Olympics tourney set for Saturday
The seventh annual Special Olympics District Softball Tournament is scheduled for Saturday at the Shawnee Park Sports Complex in Cape Girardeau.
The event is presented by the Southeast Area Special Olympics, the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department and KZIM 960.
Twenty-four teams from Cape Girardeau, Farmington, St. Louis and other areas will participate.
Opening ceremonies will be 3 p.m. with competition beginning at 4 p.m. and concluding at 10 p.m.
Qualifying teams may advance to the State Outdoor Classic Softball Tournament Aug. 6 to Aug. 8 in Jefferson City, Mo.
Volunteers can call the Southeast Area Special Olympics office, 334-2859.