- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
ANNA, Ill. -- Dave C. Baker, 41, of Hillsboro, Ill., formerly of Anna, died Sunday, July 11, 2004, as a result of a traffic accident.
He was born June 18, 1963, in Carbondale, Ill., son of Joe and Carole Ann Keistler Baker. He and Nancy Weaver were married Nov. 24, 2000.
Baker was a graduate of Laileilahua High School in Hawaii and attended the University of New Mexico. He was a member of the PGA and had numerous golf accomplishments. At the age of 16 he won the Hawaii State Gold Championship and played in numerous Hawaii open pro-ams. He later won the Irvin Cobb Golf Championship in Paducah, Ky.
He was a resident golf pro at Hillsboro Country Club, and was in charge of its junior golf program and The Cove Restaurant.
Survivors include his wife; two stepdaughters, Melissa and Kristen Wargin of St. Louis; his mother of Anna; a brother, Mike Baker of Jonesboro, Ill.; and maternal grandparents, Frank and Ruth Keistler of Anna.
He was preceded in death by his father and a sister.
Friends may call at Hough and Sons Funeral Home in Hillsboro from 4 to 8 p.m. today, and at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Hough Funeral Home, with Matthew Ferguson officiating.
A graveside service will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Anna City Cemetery in Anna, with the Rev. Tim Sadler officiating.