- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Charlotte Kowell, 74, of Sikeston died Monday, July 12, 2004, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.
She was born Feb. 3, 1930, in Cleveland, Ark., daughter of William Thomas and Zella Mae Bryant Brents. She married Adolph Kowell, who preceded her in death.
Kowell was a former waitress and cook at Fastlane Deli. She was a member of Emmanuel Missionary Baptist Church.
Survivors include a son, Charles Brents of Rockford, Ill.; two brothers, Roy Brents of Dexter, Bill Brents of Atkins, Ark.; three sisters, Faye Mullin of Morrilton, Ark., Dean Marcum of Sikeston, Dorothy King of Mansfield, Mo.; two grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a brother and two sisters.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at the chapel, with the Rev. Randy Thomas officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery.