- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Out of the past 7/13/04
10 years ago: July 13, 1994
Cape Girardeau County sheriff's deputies and agents from federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms spent yesterday chasing stream of reports from area residents who discovered homemade explosive devices in their mailboxes; total of seven reports of bombs, about half of which had detonated, have come into department this week.
Members of American Legion Post 63 in Cape Girardeau hope to gain vote of support this weekend for Missouri mule; Charles Woodford and John Yallaly will take post's campaign to make mule official state animal to American Legion state convention in Joplin.
25 years ago: July 13, 1979
Prime issue as negotiations continue between city employees and city of Cape Girardeau is over docking of pay for those employees who participated in job slowdown last month; today is second day of negotiating before federal mediator Thomas O'Brien.
ANNA, Ill. -- Union County peach crop has suffered extensive damage this year as result of cold winter and wet spring; peaches are among major export crops in county.
50 years ago: July 13, 1954
Contracts amounting to $259,741.50 for construction of sewage treatment plant were let to two Missouri firms by Jackson City Council last night; Cannady Construction Co. of Monett will construct access road and sewage plant; Gorham Co. of St. Louis received contract for excavation and backfill and installation of off-fall lines.
Today's temperature reading takes a good running start on besting yesterday's high of 101 degrees at State College by soaring to 90 degrees at 9 a.m.; high at Jackson yesterday was 103.
75 years ago: July 13, 1929
Bids are being received and contract will be let about July 22 for two-story commercial building on Good Hope Street to replace structure destroyed by fire earlier in year; new building will be owned by Mrs. J.A. Withers and will house Kinder Drug Store.
O.G. Edwards of Cape Girar-deau has purchased interest of Sam M. Carter of Dexter in Carter Motor Co. Inc., of that place; following invoicing of large stock of company, Edwards will assume full charge of business.
-- Sharon K. Sanders