- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Speak Out 07/13/04
Red House docents
I DON'T think enough mention was made of the participation of the Red House docents in Libertyfest. Those volunteers do a great job and are largely unsung. I think they added a wonderful historical touch to Libertyfest. Thanks.
THERE WERE some burglaries on Sprigg Street that turned out to involve a 13-year-old and an 11-year-old. How can this be? Where are the parents? What were these kids thinking? What can be done to children this age?
Spruce up the park
JACKSON NEEDS to clean up its city park. Not so long ago the rock garden was a wonderful place for pictures and weddings. Now it is all covered with ivy and weeds. Someone needs to give it a facelift and restore the original beauty. It should be a showplace for Jackson and the area.