- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)10
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)21
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
Speak Out 07/13/04
Red House docents
I DON'T think enough mention was made of the participation of the Red House docents in Libertyfest. Those volunteers do a great job and are largely unsung. I think they added a wonderful historical touch to Libertyfest. Thanks.
THERE WERE some burglaries on Sprigg Street that turned out to involve a 13-year-old and an 11-year-old. How can this be? Where are the parents? What were these kids thinking? What can be done to children this age?
Spruce up the park
JACKSON NEEDS to clean up its city park. Not so long ago the rock garden was a wonderful place for pictures and weddings. Now it is all covered with ivy and weeds. Someone needs to give it a facelift and restore the original beauty. It should be a showplace for Jackson and the area.