- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
Speak Out 07/13/04
Red House docents
I DON'T think enough mention was made of the participation of the Red House docents in Libertyfest. Those volunteers do a great job and are largely unsung. I think they added a wonderful historical touch to Libertyfest. Thanks.
THERE WERE some burglaries on Sprigg Street that turned out to involve a 13-year-old and an 11-year-old. How can this be? Where are the parents? What were these kids thinking? What can be done to children this age?
Spruce up the park
JACKSON NEEDS to clean up its city park. Not so long ago the rock garden was a wonderful place for pictures and weddings. Now it is all covered with ivy and weeds. Someone needs to give it a facelift and restore the original beauty. It should be a showplace for Jackson and the area.