- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)2
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)12
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
Speak Out 07/13/04
Red House docents
I DON'T think enough mention was made of the participation of the Red House docents in Libertyfest. Those volunteers do a great job and are largely unsung. I think they added a wonderful historical touch to Libertyfest. Thanks.
THERE WERE some burglaries on Sprigg Street that turned out to involve a 13-year-old and an 11-year-old. How can this be? Where are the parents? What were these kids thinking? What can be done to children this age?
Spruce up the park
JACKSON NEEDS to clean up its city park. Not so long ago the rock garden was a wonderful place for pictures and weddings. Now it is all covered with ivy and weeds. Someone needs to give it a facelift and restore the original beauty. It should be a showplace for Jackson and the area.