- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Irene Marie Hanebrink, 91, of Jackson died Saturday, July 10, 2004, at Jackson Manor.
She was born Feb. 14, 1913, in Neelyville, Mo., daughter Pleasant and Fredonia Miller Oakes.
She and Lee Robert Hanebrink were married Aug. 24, 1938, at St. Charles, Mo. He died Nov. 19, 1987.
Hanebrink was a well-known seamstress and was a member of Immaculate Conception Church in Jackson and St. Ann Sodality.
Survivors include a brother, Fred Oakes of Rockford, Ill.; five sisters, Viola Hover of Pendleton, Ind., Mildred Shivley of Du Quoin, Ill., Lillie Baltimore of Puxico, Mo., Daisy Shivley and Lois Smith, both of Rockford; a special friend, Lorene Wolak of Jackson.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home. Parish prayers will be at 7 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Immaculate Conception Church, with the Rev. J.S. Friedel officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park at Cape Girardeau.