- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Laura Marie Hinkebein and Nicholas Walker Tubbs exchanged wedding vows May 8, 2004, at Guardian Angel Catholic Church in Oran, Mo. The Rev. Ralph Duffner performed the ceremony. Organist was Dana Lynch and soloist was Chris Scherer, both of Oran. Reader was Ronnie Dirnberger of Chaffee, uncle of the bride.
Parents of the couple are Charles and Glenda Hinkebein of Chaffee, and Cleveland and Carol Tubbs of Hickory, N.C.
Matron of honor was Jennifer Landewee of Chaffee, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Helen Bage of Davie, Fla., sister of the groom; Kimberly Rueseler of Cape Girardeau, Ashley Hinkebein and Katherine Hinkebein of Chaffee, all sisters of the bride.
The groom chose his father as best man. Groomsmen were Tom Carton of Mint Hill, N.C., James Yelton of Charlotte, N.C., Christopher Coble of West End, N.C., and Gary Tubbs of Concord, N.C., brother of the groom. Usher was Carl Landewee of Chaffee, brother-in-law of the bride.
Candlelighters were Courtney Thiele of Leopold, Mo., and Sarah Gaines of Oran, cousins of the bride.
Flower girl was Kensington Coble. Ringbearers were Joseph Landewee, nephew and godchild of the bride, and Sean Bage, nephew of the groom. Kensington is the daughter of Christopher and Sandy Coble. Joseph is the son of Carl and Jennifer Landewee. Sean is the son of Robert and Helen Bage.
Guest book and program attendants were Julie Horrell of Ste. Genevieve, Mo., and Kristy Hinkebein of Florissant, Mo., cousins of the bride.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Oran. Servers were Georgia Thiele of Leopold, Frances Horrell of Ste. Genevieve, and Debbie Hinkebein of Florissant, aunts of the bride.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner May 7 at Cedar Street in Cape Girardeau.
Mrs. Tubbs is a 1997 graduate of Delta High School. She is employed at Branch Banking and Trust Co. in Morehead City, N.C.
The groom is a 1991 graduate of Concord High School, and attended Western Carolina University and the University of North Carolina-Charlotte. He is employed by County Electric Supply Co. in Morehead City.
The couple is residing in Beaufort, N.C.