- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
THEBES, Ill. -- Howard William Lovell, 85, of Thebes died Saturday, July 10, 2004, at the Coulterville Care Center in Coulterville, Ill.
He was born April 17, 1919, in Alexander County, Ill., son of John and Beulah Light Lovell.
Lovell was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II, serving with the military police. He was a retired truck driver and maintenance employee with the Alexander County Highway Department for several years.
Survivors include his wife, Edith Fisher Lovell of Thebes; a son, Roy Lovell of Dupo, Ill., two daughters, Ann Snell of Thebes, Maida Start of Sparta, Ill.; two brothers, Norman Lovell of Dupo, Don Lovell of Metropolis, Ill.; two sisters, Lois Ames of Oliver Branch, Ill., and Minnie Hill of Evansville, Ind.; four grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
Lovell was preceded in death by his parents and a brother.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Earnest Brown officiating. Burial will be in Mount Zion Cemetery in Thebes with military honors by Pulaski County VFW Post 8891 of Mounds, Ill.