- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Oral "Preach" Winn, 84, of Anna died Saturday, July 10, 2004, at City Care Center in Anna.
He was born Oct. 12, 1919, at Jonesboro, Ill., son of Everett and Ina Pickett Winn. He and Golda Henderson were married Sept. 17, 1954.
Winn was a member of the Jonesboro United Methodist Church and was retired from General Telephone Co. He served in the U.S. Army in World War II and was a member of the Caroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455 and the American Legion. He was also a member of Anna Lodge 520 AF&AM and the Eastern Star.
Survivors include his wife; a sister, Jean Baldwin of San Antonio, Texas; and a brother, Kenneth Winn of Dallas, Texas.
He was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Crain Funeral Home in Anna and Tuesday until the time of the funeral.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m.Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bob Fear officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery with military honors by VFW Post 3455.