- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)7
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
ANNA, Ill. -- Oral "Preach" Winn, 84, of Anna died Saturday, July 10, 2004, at City Care Center in Anna.
He was born Oct. 12, 1919, at Jonesboro, Ill., son of Everett and Ina Pickett Winn. He and Golda Henderson were married Sept. 17, 1954.
Winn was a member of the Jonesboro United Methodist Church and was retired from General Telephone Co. He served in the U.S. Army in World War II and was a member of the Caroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455 and the American Legion. He was also a member of Anna Lodge 520 AF&AM and the Eastern Star.
Survivors include his wife; a sister, Jean Baldwin of San Antonio, Texas; and a brother, Kenneth Winn of Dallas, Texas.
He was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Crain Funeral Home in Anna and Tuesday until the time of the funeral.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m.Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bob Fear officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery with military honors by VFW Post 3455.