- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Shirley L. Montgomery, 69, of St. Louis died Thursday, July 8, 2004, at her home.
She was born June 9, 1935, near Neelys Landing, daughter of Leach and Mary Reynolds Shelton. She and Ed Montgomery were married July 5, 1953.
Shirley was president of Montgomery Engineering in Fenton, Mo. She was a member of Wesley United Methodist Church at Fruitland.
Survivors include her husband; a daughter and son-in-law, Connie and Greg Deutman of High Ridge, Mo.; two sisters, Marianna Austin of Arnold, Mo., Judy Hines of Cape Girardeau; and two grandsons, Travis and Scott Deutman of High Ridge.
Friends may call from 4 to 9 p.m. today at Kutis Funeral Home, 10151 Gravois in Affton, Mo., and from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at McCombs, with the Rev. Kevin Cowley officiating. Burial will be in McLain's Chapel Cemetery near the Indian Creek community.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests expressions of sympathy to take the form of contributions to the American Cancer Society.