- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Elizabeth E. "Sally" Baylor, 86, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, July 8, 2004, at St. Francis Medical Center.
She was born April 26, 1918, at Crosstown, Mo., daughter of Daniel A. and Birdie E. Pullam Rhyne. She and Eldon O. Baylor were married Dec. 22, 1939, in Cape Girardeau. He died Jan. 5, 1985.
Baylor had lived in Cape Girardeau since 1937. She was a member of the Ladies Auxiliary to VFW Post 3838.
Survivors include two sons, Sonny and Jim Baylor of Jackson; a sister, Ann Rowe of House Springs, Mo.; three grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four brothers, two sisters and a granddaughter.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.