- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)6
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
Speak Out 07/10/04
ON THE Opinion page, you say that Tony Blair is in trouble because he said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. But on Page 5 you print that Polish soldiers found chemical weapons of mass destruction that the terrorists were looking for. It is time to publish on the front page of every newspaper that WMDs have been found in Iraq. Polish soldiers have found chemical weapons. British soldiers have found chemical weapons. Americans have found chemical weapons and missiles and nuclear centrifuges in Iraq and scrap metal from Iraq weapons in junkyards in Jordan. This is front-page news. It is time for your paper to be brave and tell the whole truth.
YOU CAN always tell when elections are approaching by the rapid up-springing of signs and billboards. However this year things have gone overboard. I love driving through scenic residential Cape Girardeau, but all the huge billboards in people's yards are making our town disgusting. In addition, large signs reduce visibility at intersections and create driving hazards. If you want my vote, take down the huge signs.
Stop the boomers
MY PARENTS live on South Henderson Street in Cape Girardeau. People are always booming their systems. Whenever you call the cops, nothing is ever done. If our cops want to be paid more money, why aren't they doing their job?
Thanks for column
THANK YOU for publishing Thomas Eagleton's column. The paper shows it can relate to Democrats, but not very often.
Thanks for flags
I WENT by Cape County Park on the Fourth of July, and the American flags are just beautiful. It really makes me feel good to see that we have people that are interested enough in our great nation that they would take the time to put all of these flags out here. I want to thank whoever is responsible for making that decision and for the hard work to put them out there.