- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
Speak Out 07/10/04
ON THE Opinion page, you say that Tony Blair is in trouble because he said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. But on Page 5 you print that Polish soldiers found chemical weapons of mass destruction that the terrorists were looking for. It is time to publish on the front page of every newspaper that WMDs have been found in Iraq. Polish soldiers have found chemical weapons. British soldiers have found chemical weapons. Americans have found chemical weapons and missiles and nuclear centrifuges in Iraq and scrap metal from Iraq weapons in junkyards in Jordan. This is front-page news. It is time for your paper to be brave and tell the whole truth.
YOU CAN always tell when elections are approaching by the rapid up-springing of signs and billboards. However this year things have gone overboard. I love driving through scenic residential Cape Girardeau, but all the huge billboards in people's yards are making our town disgusting. In addition, large signs reduce visibility at intersections and create driving hazards. If you want my vote, take down the huge signs.
Stop the boomers
MY PARENTS live on South Henderson Street in Cape Girardeau. People are always booming their systems. Whenever you call the cops, nothing is ever done. If our cops want to be paid more money, why aren't they doing their job?
Thanks for column
THANK YOU for publishing Thomas Eagleton's column. The paper shows it can relate to Democrats, but not very often.
Thanks for flags
I WENT by Cape County Park on the Fourth of July, and the American flags are just beautiful. It really makes me feel good to see that we have people that are interested enough in our great nation that they would take the time to put all of these flags out here. I want to thank whoever is responsible for making that decision and for the hard work to put them out there.