- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Religion calendar 7/10
Xtreme Xperience from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Greater Dimension Ministries in Cape Girardeau. The youth event is for ages 5 to 18 and includes a military camp theme. Lunch is provided.
Gospel singing service at 7 p.m. at Shiloh Baptist Church in Villa Ridge, Ill. The Gloryroad Travelers and Destiny will perform.
Mike Lovig will be the speaker at 10 a.m. services at Christ Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
Healing service with Joan Gieson at 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. at Father's Arms Fellowship in Scott City. Gieson operates the St. Louis Healing Rooms and has been affiliated with Kathryn Kuhlman and Benny Hinn.
Reception from 1 to 3 p.m. at Charleston Baptist campground dining hall east of Benton for the Rev. Delbert Bishop, pastor of Bement Baptist Church and the Rev. Jack Bishop, pastor of Calvary Baptist Church in Chaffee. Together, the two men have 101 years of ministry service.
First Baptist Church in Jackson will celebrate "church in the park" with afternoon activities at 3 p.m. at the city park. A potluck meal begins at 5 p.m., with a worship service at the band shell at 6 p.m.
Music evangelist Cinde Lucas will present a program at 7 p.m. at Hobbs Chapel United Methodist Church. Lucas is a native of Nashville and shares personal testimonies.
Kidz Blitz event at Christ Church of the Heartland begins at 7 p.m. continues through Monday. For information, call 334-7726.
Day camp for children from kindergarten through sixth grade at First Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau. The weeklong camp begins at 8:30 a.m. each day and ends at 5 p.m. Lunch, snacks and a T-shirt are included with the registration fee. For information, call 335-6006.
-- From staff reports