- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Marshall B. Moore, 67, of Sikeston died Wednesday, July 7, 2004, at his home.
He was born Nov. 15, 1936, in Sikeston, son of Elisha Buckner and Fern Bennett Moore. He and Wanda Cowell were married April 8, 1979.
Moore worked for Sikeston Department of Public Safety almost 30 years before retiring, then was a meter reader for Southeast Missouri Rural Electric Coop. He was a member of Murray Lane Baptist Church.
He was a military policeman in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include his wife; a son, David Moore of Cosby, Tenn.; a stepson, Terry Hamlin of Sikeston; three stepdaughters, Jeanene Wilson and Sherrie Hamlin of Sikeston, Jennifer Wamble of Marston, Mo.; and five grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother and two sisters.
Friends may call at Ponder Funeral Home in Sikeston from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Missouri State Veterans Cemetery at Bloomfield, with full military honors.