- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ORAN, Mo. -- Marie Casler, 77, of Oran died Monday July 5, 2004, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Nov. 6, 1926, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Homer and Grace Wright Bateman.
She and Donald Earl Casler were married Feb. 21, 1948. He died June 22, 1990.
She was a retired inspector for General Motors' Oldsmobile Division in Lansing, Mich. Casler was a member of St. Paul Lutheran Church of Chaffee, Mo., and the Women of the Royal Order of the Moose 288 of Lansing.
Surviving are two daughters, Sharon Garcia of Lansing, Andrea Woodfin of Oran; four grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister and a grandson.
Friends may call at 3 p.m. Thursday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran. A service will be at 6 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Wayne Schwiesow officiating.
Graveside service will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Deepdale Memorial Park in Lansing. Palmer Bush Funeral Homes of Lansing will be in charge of burial arrangements.