- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Billy Joe Hanning, 75, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, July 5, 2004, at Life Care Center.
He was born April 26, 1929, in St. Louis, son of Lem and Burtle Tucker Hanning.
Hanning had installed security alarm systems in police stations and schools in St. Louis.
He was a U.S. Marine Corps veteran of the Korean War.
Survivors include a nephew, Larry Hanning of Burfordville.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers and three sisters.
There is no visitation.
Graveside service will be held at 2 p.m. Friday at Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson. The Rev. Gary Hoffstetter will officiate.
Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.