- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Robert James "Bob" King, 60, of Sikeston died Monday, July 5, 2004, at his home.
He was born Nov. 26, 1943, at Catron, Mo., son of Joe Otis and Lillian Hunter King. He and JoAnn Landers were married May 14, 1988, in Sikeston.
King was a 1961 graduate of Morehouse High School. He worked 16 years for Wohl Shoe Co. and for the past five years was a truck driver with Delta Express in Cape Girardeau.
He was a member of Sikeston Eagles Aerie 3319 and had served as sergeant-at-arms and first vice president of American Legion Post 114.
King served in the U.S. Navy during the Vietnam War.
Survivors include his wife; his mother, Lillian Roberson of Sikeston; two sons, Tim and Jeff King of Sikeston; a daughter, Jennifer Cross of Carterville, Ill.; a stepson, Danny Landers of Canalou, Mo.; a stepdaughter, Laura DeCota of Sikeston; a brother, Joe King of Sikeston; a sister, Karen Freedman of Caldwell, Texas; and seven grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Friends may call at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the chapel, with the Revs. Jerry Pennington and Dewayne Coleman officiating. Burial will be in Missouri State Veterans Cemetery at Bloomfield, with military honors conducted by Missouri Military Funeral Honor Guard.