- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Cape/Jackson police reports 7/7/04
The following items have been released by the Cape Girardeau Police Department. Arrests do not imply guilt.
DWIs Marino N. Evaristo, 27, 3035 Themis St., was arrested Monday on suspicion of driving while intoxicated, no driver's license and driving without headlights.
Robert A. Winschel, no age given, 2912 Northern Lights, Arnold, Mo., was arrested Monday on suspicion of driving while intoxicated, failure to drive on the right half of the roadway and speeding.
Arrests Heather R. Fritz, 18, 507 Cape Meadows St., Apt. 4, was arrested Monday on suspicion of stealing following a complaint from Wal-Mart, 3439 William St.
Holly R. Dodson, 18, 1032 N. Frederick St., Apt. 4, was arrested Monday on suspicion of stealing following a complaint from Wal-Mart, 3439 William St.
Eric Eugene Bennett, 18, 1205 N. Missouri St., was arrested Tuesday on a city warrant for failure to pay fines.
David Lee Sweeney, 18, 325 Cedar Hollow St., Jackson, was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of stealing following a complaint from Kmart.
Summons Cecil H. Quinn, 131 S. West End Blvd., was issued a summons Monday for striking a legally stopped vehicle and driving without a license.
Gasoline was reported stolen Monday from Rhodes 101, 1126 N. Sprigg St.
A gas can was reported stolen Monday from 436 Missouri St.
A weed trimmer was reported stolen Monday at 3108 Laurel St.
Cash was reported stolen Monday from 3049 William St.
Rhodes 101 at 10 S. West End Blvd., reported a burglary Monday.Property Damage
A mailbox was reported damaged Monday at 1112 Linden St.
A city-owned vehicle was reported damaged Monday at 401 Independence St.
A vehicle was reported damaged Monday at Hartline Hardware, 23 N. Middle St.
A wall was reported damaged and money taken from 2121 Broadway.
Decorations were reported damaged Monday at 2123 Broadway.
A mailbox was reported damaged Monday at 1727 Surrey Lane.
A window was reported broken Tuesday at R&S Auto Sales, 1287 Independence St.
Missouri license plates 202 RYS were reported found Monday.
A counterfeit bill was reported passed Monday at Nick's Sports Bar, 1 Main St.Jackson
The following items were released by the Jackson Police Department. Arrests do not imply guilt.
Tamara O'Kelly, 34, 416 East Lane, Jackson, was arrested Monday on a Cape Girardeau County warrant for fraud.
Christopher Bruce, 21, 192 Shawneetown Road, Jackson, was issued a summons Tuesday for littering.Miscellaneous
Reports of fireworks violations were made Monday on Neal Street, Gerald Strett, Anna Street and in the 200 block of South Union Avenue.