- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Mineral Area wins Classic
The Mineral Area Pirates won the Senior Babe Ruth Firecracker Classic title on Sunday with a 14-0 rout of the Cape Titans.
Adam Howard, the tournament MVP, starred with both his arm and bat. Howard belted two doubles and a home run to finish the championship game with seven RBIs. Howard also pitched a complete-game four-hitter, striking out seven and walking one.
Mineral Area finished the tournament 4-0.
Blake Essner took the loss for the Titans (11-6), who reached the title game by going 3-0 in pool play.
Alex Ramsey had two of the Titans' four hits.
Oran defeated the Cape Yankees 8-3 in the third-place game.
Perryville hosts tourneysPerryville will host the 11- and 12-year-old divisions of the Little League Missouri District 3 Tournament, which begin today. Both tournaments are double elimination. Winners advance to the state tournament in Carrollton, Mo.
-- From staff reports