- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Community briefs 07/06/04
Flute choir to play with Jackson Municipal Band
The weekly Jackson Municipal Band concert will be at 8 p.m. Thursday at the band shell in Jackson City Park. Special guests will include the Southeast Flute Choir. The band's portion will feature Charles Kelly on Don Haddad's "Suite for Tuba."
Reunion for Limbaugh School set for Sunday
The Limbaugh School reunion will be held at 12:30 p.m. Sunday at Delmonico's in Jackson.
New Hamburg holding annual picnic next week
New Hamburg's annual picnic festivities are planned for 5 to 11:30 p.m. July 16 and from 3 to 11:30 p.m. July 17. Entertainment includes an antique tractor display, games, mechanical bull ride and petting zoo. Events include a talent contest at 3 p.m. for junior division, 4 p.m. for senior division. Entry forms for talent contest are due Friday. Winners in the senior division of the talent show will advance to the Mid-South Fair in Memphis, Tenn. For more information, call (573) 545-3317.
Area blood drives for July scheduled
American Red Cross Blood Services Center, at 20 S. Mount Auburn Road, will have ongoing blood drives every Thursday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Saturday from 2 to 7 p.m.
St. Francis Medical Center will hold a blood drive from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday at St. Francis. Enter the main lobby, go through the cafeteria and follow the signs.
St. Augustine Catholic Church in Kelso will hold a blood drive from 8 to 11:30 a.m. Sunday.
First Baptist Church in Oak Ridge will hold a blood drive from 2 to 6 p.m. July 13.
Guardian Angel Parish in Oran will hold a blood drive from 3 to 7 p.m. July 15.
Main Street Fitness Center in Jackson will hold a blood drive from 2 to 6 p.m. July 16.
-- From staff reports