- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
John Seigart Jr.
John G. Seigart Jr., 81, of Lick Creek, Ill., died Friday, July 2, 2004, at his home.
He was born June 4, 1923, in St. Joseph, Mo., son of John and Margaret Baur Seigart.
Seigart was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II and a member of the American Legion post in Anna.
Survivors include four daughters, Marjorie Foster-Stout and Theresa Lou Seigart, both of Mounds, Ill., Mary Rose Zesky of Dongola, Ill., Pamela Gail Seigart of Chaffee, Mo.; three sons, Stanley Seigart and Clifford Seigart, both of Mounds, and Johnny Seigart of Brookport, Ill.; 11 grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Frances Seigart, a son and his granddaughter.
Friends may call from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo, Ill.
Funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Larry Miller officiating. Burial will be in Mound City National Cemetery in Mound City, Ill., with military rites by VFW Post 8891.