- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNA, Ill. -- Velma "Chubby" Severs, 84, of Anna died Friday, July 2, 2004, at her home.
She was born April 7, 1920, in West Frankfort, Ill., daughter of Erskin and Mary Ammon Nelson. She and Clifford Severs were married July 18, 1940. He died May 13, 1988.
Severs had been a presser at a dry cleaners. She was a member of Anna Heights Baptist Church.
Surviving are nieces and nephews, including Teena Kraatz and Doug Severs of Dongola, Ill.
She was preceded in death by a son and a brother.
Friends may call at Crain Funeral Home in Anna from 4 to 7 p.m. Monday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with Bill Littrell and Dale Jones officiating. Burial will be in Ullin Cemetery.