- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Julia Bernice Buehrle, 87, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, July 2, 2004, at home from a sudden illness.
She was born Jan. 4, 1917, in St. Charles, Mo., daughter of Charles W. and Catherine Cutright. She and Robert H. Buehrle were married May 6, 1939.
Mrs. Buehrle was a homemaker. She was an active member of old St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church from 1940 to 1958. She was then a member of St. Mary of the Annunciation Cathedral Church from 1958 until her death.
Mrs. Buehrle was a founding member of the Legion of Mary in the Springfield-Cape Girardeau Diocese. She was also an active member of the Crisis Pregnancy Center of Cape Girardeau, Birthright, Council of Catholic Women, Ladies Sodality of St. Mary's Parish and Missouri Citizens for Life. Mrs. Buehrle volunteered at St. Francis Medical Center and was also involved with various community organizations.
She is survived by 12 children, Robert H. III of Chesterfield, Mo., Michael of Easthampton, Mass., Julia of St. Charles, Rose Lingle of East Cape Girardeau, Ill., Thomas of Hopkinsville, Ky., Anne Chelland of San Diego, Patrick R. of Ballwin, Mo., Gregory of Converse, Texas, Anthony of Cape Girardeau, Vincent of Edwardsville, Ill., Monica of St. Louis, Caroline Weber of St. Charles; 31 grandchildren; and 27 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Robert H. Jr.; daughter-in-law Sharon Buehrle; a brother; and five sisters.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday, July, 4, 2004, at Ford and Sons Funeral Home, 118 S. Sprigg St. Parish prayers will be at 7, with Legion of Mary rosary at 7:30.
Funeral Mass will be at 11 a.m. Monday, July 5, 2004, at St. Mary of the Annunciation Cathedral, with the Rev. Tom Kiefer presiding. Burial will be at St. Mary Cemetery.
Expressions of sympathy may be made in the form of donations to the Crisis Pregnancy Center, 354 Silver Springs Road, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63701.