- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ORAN, Mo. -- Opal Neoma Dennis, 90, of Oran died Thursday, July 1, 2004, at her home.
She was born Jan. 31, 1914, at Oran, daughter of Elmer and Elba Simmons Hency. She and Cecil Dennis were married Jan. 26, 1935. He died Dec. 28, 1984.
Dennis was a member of First Baptist Church.
Survivors include six daughters, Betty Reich of St. Louis, Bonnie Knight of Maryland Heights, Mo., Ann Davis and Sandy Cremeens of Florissant, Mo., Judy Murrah of Benton, Mo., Marty Adams of St. Ann, Mo.; three brothers, Bill Hency of Oran, Doyle Hency of O'Fallon, Mo., Red Hency of St. Louis; 17 grandchildren; 31 great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers, a sister and a granddaughter.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran after 4 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Sunday at the chapel, with the Revs. Jack Bishop and Ed Carter officiating. Burial will be in Forest Hills Memorial Gardens near Morley, Mo.