- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)1
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
See movie, then form your opinion
To the editor:
In the past, I have always thought about writing a letter to the paper, but I have never felt strong enough about a subject to actually do it. This time, my feelings are so strong that I can not pass up the opportunity to voice my opinion.
Like most of you who are reading the papers, I have followed politics pretty closely for many years and even more so since 9-11 and the declaration of the War on Terror. This past week, a new Michael Moore film has been released in theaters nationwide. Throughout the nation this last weekend, "Fahrenheit 9/11"became the No. 1 most widely viewed documentary in history with over 3.5 million tickets sold.
I am writing to those of you who don't think much about politics or who feel you don't have much background knowledge about this issue. I want to urge you to go and see this movie. I am not asking you to change your point of view. Neither do I want to try to convince you to vote or think one way from another. All I am urging you to do is to get another perspective and then form your own opinions.