- Dashcam video of Lowe's truck crash going viral (7/26/17)
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Wreck flips Lowe's truck in Cape (7/25/17)4
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
See movie, then form your opinion
To the editor:
In the past, I have always thought about writing a letter to the paper, but I have never felt strong enough about a subject to actually do it. This time, my feelings are so strong that I can not pass up the opportunity to voice my opinion.
Like most of you who are reading the papers, I have followed politics pretty closely for many years and even more so since 9-11 and the declaration of the War on Terror. This past week, a new Michael Moore film has been released in theaters nationwide. Throughout the nation this last weekend, "Fahrenheit 9/11"became the No. 1 most widely viewed documentary in history with over 3.5 million tickets sold.
I am writing to those of you who don't think much about politics or who feel you don't have much background knowledge about this issue. I want to urge you to go and see this movie. I am not asking you to change your point of view. Neither do I want to try to convince you to vote or think one way from another. All I am urging you to do is to get another perspective and then form your own opinions.