- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
See movie, then form your opinion
To the editor:
In the past, I have always thought about writing a letter to the paper, but I have never felt strong enough about a subject to actually do it. This time, my feelings are so strong that I can not pass up the opportunity to voice my opinion.
Like most of you who are reading the papers, I have followed politics pretty closely for many years and even more so since 9-11 and the declaration of the War on Terror. This past week, a new Michael Moore film has been released in theaters nationwide. Throughout the nation this last weekend, "Fahrenheit 9/11"became the No. 1 most widely viewed documentary in history with over 3.5 million tickets sold.
I am writing to those of you who don't think much about politics or who feel you don't have much background knowledge about this issue. I want to urge you to go and see this movie. I am not asking you to change your point of view. Neither do I want to try to convince you to vote or think one way from another. All I am urging you to do is to get another perspective and then form your own opinions.