- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Brays celebrate 60th event
Mr. and Mrs. Alton Bray of Cape Girardeau celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary with an open house June 19, 2004.
The event was held at the home of their son and daughter-in-law, Dr. Jeffrey and Debra Bray in Chesterfield, Mo. Co-hosts were the Brays daughters, Ellen Busch of Florissant, Mo., and Mary Newberry of Katy, Texas.
Bray and Martha Lou Dorris were married June 22, 1944, by the Rev. Hill at the home of her parents, Dr. and Mrs. G.T. Dorris in Illmo. Their attendants were Elizabeth Britton, sister of the bride, and Paul Bray, brother of the groom.
The couple has six grandchildren, Mark Busch, Barbara Newberry Smith, Brian Newberry, Kyle Bray, Haley Bray and Jordan Bray. They also have a great-grandchild, Devin Busch.