- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
BENTON, Mo. -- Genevieve "Genny" Robert, 86, of Benton died Wednesday, June 30, 2004, at Fountainbleau Lodge in Cape Girardeau.
She was born April 14, 1918, at Commerce, Mo., daughter of Lee and Melissa Ramsey Loftin. She and Theon Emil Robert were married Jan. 26, 1937, at New Hamburg, Mo. He died Feb. 10, 1995.
Robert was a member of St. Denis Catholic Church and Daughters of Isabella.
Survivors include two sons, Don Robert of Benton, Vernon Robert of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Georgianna Bohannon of Benton; 11 grandchildren; 25 great-grandchildren; and eight great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three sons, a brother, a sister and two grandchildren.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Benton from 4:30 to 8 p.m. today. Parish prayers will be at 6:30, followed by the Knights of Columbus service.
The funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Denis Church, with the Rev. Normand Varone officiating. Burial will be in St. Denis Cemetery.