- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Cynthia Schmittzehe, 51, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, June 30, 2004, at Life Care Center.
She was born Aug. 28, 1952, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Hillary and Marjorie Martin Schmittzehe.
Cynthia was a lifetime resident of Cape Girardeau and graduate of Central High School. She had worked at VIP Industries since 1970. She was a member of St. Mary's Cathedral.
Survivors include her father and stepmother, Hillary and Mary Schmittzehe of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Stephen Zeller of Bellefontaine Neighbors, Mo.; two sisters, Kelly Freed of O'Fallon, Mo., and Kathleen Graham of Dittmer, Mo.
She was preceded in death by her mother and a sister, Barbara.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today. Parish prayers will be at 7, followed by Knights of Columbus Council 1111 rosary.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Mary's Cathedral, with the Rev. Tom Kiefer and Monsignor Richard Rolwing officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to VIP Industries, 1330 Southern Expressway, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63703.