- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Allen Louis Held, 86, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, July 1, 2004, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He was born April 21, 1918, at Illmo, son of Henry and Christine Sanders Held.
He was a welder at Missouri Dry Dock and Repair Co. more than 25 years, retiring in 1980. He was a lifetime resident of Scott City and Cape Girardeau communities. He was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Bonnie (Steve) Grah of Jackson; two grandchildren, Stephanie Grah McElmurry of Piedmont, Mo., Steven Grah of Joplin, Mo.; three great-grandchildren; several nieces and nephews including Allen Koelzer of Scott City, Jerry Held of Olive Branch, Ill., Carolyn Taylor of Cape Girardeau, Kay Boren of McClure, Ill., and Helen Underwood of Ottawa, Ill.
He was preceded in death by his parents, four brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home from 11 a.m. until time of service.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Loren Boettcher officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park Cemetery.