- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Alberta K. Maxwell, 89, of Jackson died Monday, May 19, 2008, at Monticello House.
She was born Feb. 21, 1919, in Portageville, Mo., daughter of James L. and Mayme Carson Underwood. She and James Maxwell were married Nov. 12, 1953, in St. Louis. He died Oct. 29, 1984.
Maxwell moved from St. Louis to Jackson in 1987 and attended First General Baptist Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Elaine Morehead of Fenton, Mo.; two sisters, Maxine Thompson of St. Louis, Jane Basinger of Jackson; and a grandson.
She was preceded in death by an infant daughter and four brothers.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. George Tripp officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.