- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
One escaped Stoddard County inmate captured
BLOOMFIELD, Mo. — One of the two Stoddard County inmates who broke out of the county jail late Monday has been captured, county police said Tuesday.
Stoddard County Sheriff Carl Hefner reported that John Kacey Jones was captured in Clay County, Ark., near Piggott.
According to Hefner, Jones and Manual Ajanel escaped at 10:36 p.m. through an air-conditioning duct in the ceiling.
Ajanel, 24, was arrested earlier this year on charges of forcible rape.
Hefner said area schools have been contacted and have instituted their individual policies.