- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)20
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Virgie M. Spurlock, 88, of Jonesboro died Tuesday, May 20, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born June 28, 1919, in Hawesville, Ky., daughter of William and Dora Sanders Nix. She and Ervin M. Spurlock were married Dec. 23, 1939, in Jackson. He died Nov. 19, 1988.
Spurlock was a member of the United Methodist Church in Anna, Ill., and a volunteer with Homeless Inc.
Survivors include two daughters, Pat Stockton of Dongola, Ill., Ramona Clark of Jonesboro; two sons, Roger Spurlock of Cobden, Ill., Dana Spurlock of Oak Ridge; two sisters, Pauline Adkins and Helen Peck of Hawesville; 10 grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; and seven great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers, four sisters and four grandsons.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bill Minor officiating. Burial will be in Casper Cemetery.