- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Virgie M. Spurlock, 88, of Jonesboro died Tuesday, May 20, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born June 28, 1919, in Hawesville, Ky., daughter of William and Dora Sanders Nix. She and Ervin M. Spurlock were married Dec. 23, 1939, in Jackson. He died Nov. 19, 1988.
Spurlock was a member of the United Methodist Church in Anna, Ill., and a volunteer with Homeless Inc.
Survivors include two daughters, Pat Stockton of Dongola, Ill., Ramona Clark of Jonesboro; two sons, Roger Spurlock of Cobden, Ill., Dana Spurlock of Oak Ridge; two sisters, Pauline Adkins and Helen Peck of Hawesville; 10 grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; and seven great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers, four sisters and four grandsons.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bill Minor officiating. Burial will be in Casper Cemetery.