- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Grace Virginia Barr, 85, of Colorado Springs, Colo., died Thursday, June 24, 2004.
She was born April 4, 1919, at Senath, Mo., daughter of Jason and Marie Parker. She and Lt. Col. Arthur W. "Pete" Barr were married March 15, 1942. He preceded her in death.
Barr was active with numerous organizations for Army officers' wives. She had lived in Colorado for 46 years.
Survivors include a son, Art Barr Jr. of Apple Valley, Minn.; a daughter, Joan Johnson of Woodstock, Ga.; a brother, James Parker of Cape Girardeau; two grandsons; and five great-grandchildren.
A memorial service will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Dove-Witt Family Mortuary in Fountain, Colo.
Burial will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Fort Logan National Cemetery in Denver.