- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Carla Gail Smith, 40, of Marble Hill died Friday, June 25, 2004, at her home.
She was born on Oct. 31, 1963, at Imperial, Mo., daughter of Henry and Marjorie Waddle Heinbegner.
She and Bruce W. Smith were married Feb. 6, 1986, at Imperial.
She was a graduate of Fox High School and obtained an associate degree in nursing from Jefferson College at Hillsboro, Mo. She was a registered nurse.
She was manager of Steak-N-Shake restaurant in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include her husband and two children, Lisa Smith and Jessie Smith, all of Marble Hill; and a sister, Linda Miller of Lima, Ohio.
Friends may call from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday at Hutchings Funeral Chapel in Marble Hill.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral chapel, with the Rev. Rocky Tallent officiating. Burial will be in Baker Cemetery at Marble Hill.