- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
SILVER LAKE, Mo. -- Madeline Marie Cosgrave, 71, of Silvis, Ill., died Thursday, June 24, 2004, in the Kentucky Lake area while vacationing with her husband.
She was born June 23, 1933, at Silver Lake, daughter of Henry and Viola Maddock Zahner. She and John Cosgrave were married Oct. 6, 1956, at Silver Lake.
Cosgrave graduated from DePaul Hospital School of Nursing in 1954. She was a registered nurse who worked alongside her husband in the daily ooperation of Cosgrave Pharmacy for 47 years. Cosgrave was an active member of Our Lady of Guadalupe Church, serving as a member of the Altar and Rosary Society and the Pro-Life Committee.
Survivors include her husband; six daughters, Karen Garner, Sharon Barnes of East Moline, Ill., Mary Sloan of Pittsboro, Ind., Joan McDermott of Springfield, Ill., Ann Lembke of Geneseo, Ill., Liz McGehee of Silvis; two sons, Joe Cosgrave of Colona, Ill., Tom Cosgrave of Virginia Beach, Va.; two sisters, Lucille Bauman of Ste. Genevieve, Mo., LeeAnn Adams of St. Louis; a brother, Clarence Zahner of Silver Lake; and 30 grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and brothers.
Friends may call from 2 to 7 p.m. today at Van Hoe Funeral Home Ltd. in East Moline. The rosary will be at 1 p.m.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church in Silvis. Burial will be in National Cemetery at Rock Island, Ill.