- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- Maryellis Cartner, 83, of Anna died Friday, June 25, 2004, at Union County Hospital in Anna.
She was born June 8, 1921, at Thebes, Ill., daughter of Guy G. and Lura Smith Jones. She and William Wayne Cartner were married Nov. 15, 1947, at Cairo, Ill.
Cartner was a retired sales secretary for the Gulf Sugar House in Cairo. She was a member of Villa Ridge Union Church; Anna Eastern Star Chapter 522; Beta Sigma Society; VFW Ladies Auxiliary 8891 of Mounds, Ill.; and a 50-year member of the Order of Eastern Star where she was the organist for years for the Caledonia Chapter 178 of Olive Branch, Ill.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Lyman Cartner of Cape Girardeau; three granddaughters; and five great-grandchildren.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Jones Funeral Home at Villa Ridge, Ill. An Eastern Star service will be at 7 p.m. Monday.
Funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with Rev. Ralph Kaufman officiating. Burial will follow in the National Cemetery at Mound City, Ill.