- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Walter Jones Jr.
Walter E. Jones Jr., 83, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, June 25, 2004, at Life Care Center.
He was born Sept. 19, 1920, at Toledo, Ohio, son of Margaret Wenzel and Walter E. Jones Sr. He and Aurelia B. Horrell were married July 28, 1951, at Jackson.
Jones retired from Mid-South Steel in 1990 after 28 years. He served in the Merchant Marines during World War II.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Walter E. Jones III and wife Di of Cape Girardeau; two daughters, Melody Ann Petty and husband Ralph of Clio, Mich., Cathy Ring of Austin, Texas; a sister, Mary Ambrose and husband Nick of Cincinnati, Ohio; five grandchildren, Ralph Pettey Jr. and wife Celeste of Flushing, Mich., Michael Petty and wife April of Swartz Creek, Mich., Jennifer Rockwell and husband Todd of Mount Morris, Mich., Caleb Jones, Noah Jones, both of Cape Girardeau; six great-granchildren, Amanda Petty of Flushing, Michaela Pettey, Madeline Pettey, MacKenzie Pettey, all of Swartz Creek, Cameron Rockwell, Austin Rockwell, both of Mount Morris.
He was preceded in death by grandchild Terry Lynn Jr.; great-grandchild Michael Joseph Pettey; two brothers; and a sister.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Monday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
Funeral will be at 12 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. Dr. Derek Staples will officiate, with burial in Lorimier Cemetery at Cape Girardeau.