- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ANNISTON, Mo. -- Robert Eugene Wheatley, 68, of Anniston died Wednesday, June 23, 2004, at his home.
He was born Aug. 17, 1935, in New Madrid County, Mo., son of Robert "Red Bob" and Beatrice Redfering Wheatley. He and Anna Bernice Poynor were married Sept. 21, 1956, in Union City, Tenn. She died April 12, 2004.
Wheatley was a retired welder. He was a member of Victory Baptist Church in East Prairie, Mo.
Survivors include four sons, Darrell Wheatley of Bertrand, Mo., Doyle, Richard and David Wheatley, all of East Prairie; three daughters, Diane Cobb of Sikeston, Mo., Janet Williams of East Prairie, Charlotte Morris of Parma, Mo.; three brothers, Claude Wheatley of Memphis, Tenn., Harry Tucker of Lowell, Ind., Raymond Wheatley of Wappapello, Mo.; a sister, Pansy Wolverton of Momence, Ind.; 19 grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother and a sister.
Friends may call at Shelby Funeral Home in East Prairie after 6 p.m. Saturday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with Steve Johnson officiating. Burial will be in Anniston Cemetery.