- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNA, Ill. -- Mary Ellen Coffman, 83, of Anna died Wednesday, June 23, 2004, at her home.
She was born Nov. 27, 1920, in Anna, daughter of John Gibbs and Elizabeth Marian Jones Chase. She and Joseph Leroy "Roy" Coffman were married July 27, 1940, in Chester, Pa. He died Aug. 12, 1966.
Coffman was a member of St. Mary's Catholic Church and Ladies Sodality, and had served on the church council and sang in the choir.
Survivors include two daughters, Susan Blecher and Mary Ann Stout of Anna; a son, Michael Coffman of Mattoon, Ill.; a brother, Mike Chase of Makanda, Ill.; a sister, Susan Nasser of Joliet, Ill.; 11 grandchildren; and 18 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by an infant daughter, a granddaughter, a great-grandson, a sister and three brothers.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 5 to 8 p.m. today, with a rosary service to be held.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Mary's Church, with the Rev. Peter Hsu officiating. Burial will be in Anna City Cemetery.