- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNA, Ill. -- Charles K. Kovach, 79, of Anna died Thursday, June 24, 2004, at Union County Hospital.
He was born Dec. 5, 1924, in Philadelphia, Pa., son of John and Olga Sicos Kovach. He and Doris Broadway were married July 14, 1946, in Jonesboro, Ill.
Kovach was a member of St. Andrew's Episcopal Church in Carbondale, Ill., Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455 in Anna, Masonic Lodge 466 and American Legion Post 259 in Cobden, Ill. He was formerly of Cobden.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Ronald Kovach of Anna, John Kovach of Cobden; two brothers, Joe Kovach of East Hampton, N.Y., Bill Kovach of Cambridge, Mass.; a sister, Eleanor Weekly of Texas; six grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Cobden from 6 to 8 p.m. today. A Masonic service will be held at 7:30.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Dr. Richard Hertenstein officiating. Burial will be in Cobden Cemetery with full military rites by VFW Post 3455.