- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ORAN, Mo. -- Dorothy Catherin Richards, 74, of Oran died Wednesday, June 23, 2004, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born July 31, 1929, in Martinville, Ark., daughter of Talbert and Addie Herring Lovelady. She and Jack A. Richards were married March 12, 1989.
Richards was a member of First Baptist Church.
Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Deborah Harris of St. Louis, Janet Kluesner of Oran; three stepdaughters, Linda and Jane Richards of Felton, Calif., Jean Chandler of Selma, Ore.; six grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; four stepgrandchildren; and three great-stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, five sisters and a stepson.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran after 4 p.m. Saturday.
The funeral will be at 3 p.m. Sunday at First Baptist Church, with the Rev. Ed Carter officiating. Burial will be in Forest Hills Memorial Gardens near Morley, Mo.