- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
William F. Hett, 83, of Mesa, Ariz., died Tuesday, June 15, 2004, at Hospice of the Valley in Chandler, Ariz.
He was born Nov. 15, 1920, in Egypt Mills, son of William and Clare Hett. He married Kathryn Reed, who died Sept. 27, 2002.
Hett retired as a riverboat captain with Mobil Oil Co.
He served in the U.S. Army during World War II.
Survivors include a son, Kenneth Hett of Jackson; a daughter, Linda Chuckerian of Mesa; five grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
Graveside service was held June 18 at Mountain View Memorial Gardens Cemetery in Mesa.
Mountain View Memorial Gardens Mortuary was in charge of arrangements.